Thursday, January 8, 2009

Your Typical YTB Recruiting Message

I received this email the other day. What do you think?

Why would I want to do YTB?

I continually talk to people about YTB and sometimes get this blank stare like "why would I want to do YTB?" I began asking myself why. I have wondered if YTB is for everyone…or maybe just a select few. As I determined the answer to my "why?" question, the answer to myself inspired me!!

I found the answer!!! For anyone wanting to improve the quality of their life, YTB is the answer! YTB is allowing my family to live the life we always wanted! I have two boys that are the center of my universe. As a parent working in a traditional job, I was always stressed and hurrying from one place to another. Most meals were eaten in the car. Family time consisted of driving to and from school or the football field or band practice.
YTB will bring your family back together, will once again allow you to spend quality time together, watch your children grow up, will enable you to enjoy each others company, have family vacations. (Most of you know how passionate I am about this subject and can go on and on forever! :-)

The work I enjoy with YTB is the most rewarding work I have ever done! I get to travel to places I have never been, and meet great people from those places. My life has been enriched so much by the people I have met. Work consists of telling everyone I meet that YTB is the greatest opportunity they will see in their lifetime. I'm not a salesperson, but I believe strongly in this company and I try to convey that to the people I talk with. I trust the founders of this company! The department heads are the top in their field! I have confidence that YTB will always make decisions with the Reps' best interest in mind. That is such a wonderful feeling….to know that the people in control of your company have your back!! And who wouldn't be interested in being paid every time they go on vacation, traveling better for less, and saving money on their taxes?!?!?! It is so easy to tell people about YTB!!!

YTB is an opportunity for anyone who wants to make a change in the life they are currently living. The greatest part of the YTB opportunity is that you make money by helping other people become successful!

It amazes me that some people in YTB are not treating their business seriously. They are squandering the rare opportunity to be in the right place at the right time! They are ignoring the opportunity at their fingertips to change their lives forever!! My life is forever changed because I chose to work YTB as a business and pay the price for a few years. I went to every meeting. I went to the conventions. I listened to the conference calls. I listened to Coach and Scott. I talked to people continuously about YTB. And now, my life has changed. I'm typing this in my home office wearing pajamas and fussy slippers, for goodness sake!!

You only have one life to live, and living it for a salary, trading your time for a few dollars, or owning a business that is sucking the life out of you….that's no way to live. Our families are counting on us to make better decisions than that. How about a little advice? Stop right now!! Stop making excuses!! You didn't meet with someone today to show them the DVD? Why not?!?! That is a conscious choice to do the wrong thing, to stay where you are in life and not do the proper activity to get ahead. God wants you to have much more. Your family wants more.

Your boss smiles every night knowing you will never get to the top of their pyramid because he/she is leveraging you and your precious time. You can build your way to the top in your YTB business, and nobody can stop you but you. Read this letter 20 times and ask yourself what you are going to do. I will pray for you to make the right decision for you. If you are serious about YTB, I will be here to help you along with the rest of your team. You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. Time is ticking. The opportunity is NOW!! It is not too late, but it all starts with stepping up, and reaching out to your upline. Choose your own pace, but just move forward! Ready to go to Coaches Corner? Ready to be a Director? Well go then!! I'll be the first person to congratulate you when you get there!!

Happy New Year and Keep Dreaming,

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. I bet that email is against the compliance documents also, huh?

    It was done in a Flowery manner, that sets it apart from the usual spam.

    Maybe this email author could even co-write for you John. They seem to very versed in the English Language. however, they would need to take lessons on how to effectively SPIN.

    Have a Great and Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it is against rules. Especially for a director from California!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee. Let my wipe the tears from my eyes so I can type. Gosh that was moving.

    What's funny is that the person who wrote this probably only makes $16.00 a month. The best part is "time is ticking". That's correct. The hearing is in September, so act now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's hilarious that they refered to "your boss smiles because you'll never get to the top of thier pyramid". I think there's a hint of pyramid envy in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get discounts on travel, tax breaks, paid to vacation....Where's the encouragement to sell travel? Another 'director' sellin the opportunity. He/she is from California? The true measure of this directors success would be having his/her name on the lawsuit!

    I really liked the 'department heads at the top of their field' bit. Ah, what field would that be?

    YTB YTB YTB - happy now Travel Agent?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post ! Just came back from a trip to the Jerusalem in Israel! :) had a marvelous time..the scenes, sites and people over there a just wonderful...highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete