Friday, August 22, 2008

Thanks Von Nickleberry


I got a call this morning from Von Nickelberry (YTB Director and Instructor at the Convention) and I want to publicly thank him for his time and opinions. Surprisingly, we agreed on a number of things; but by the end of the call, we definitely are not on the same side.

Von, is very adamant in his beliefs and his loyalty to YTB. I admire that and I also think he admires my equivalent tenacity on my side of the fence.

I enjoyed the call, and I will be calling him back at some point to continue it. It was refreshing to have a conversation as opposed to a lecture, recruitment pitch, or worse.


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Did he have an answer as to why Directors (who don't become Directors from selling travel) are doing "travel" training?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No--but in a reactionary move, (surprise) YTB is rebranding the class to reflect more of what it truly is and will no longer be called

    "Certified Referring Travel Agent Training" and will be called "YTB First Class"

    Again, seems a day late and a dime short to me. So your question is a moot point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they are rebranding to reflect more of what it truly is, then I guess there isn't going to be any more recruiting disguised as referring agent training. It will ALL be recruiting training. RTAs need not attend...

    ReplyDelete