Saturday, November 24, 2007

YTB Speaks--Or So He Thinks...

Over the next few posts, I will share some entertaining videos from none other Earl Allen Boek. As you can see, professionalism is not a class offered at YTB-U. This first video is not so much about YTB, but a teaser to the more entertaining stuff. But it is interesting that I discovered that we had a common connection. It seems that Mr. Boek admits that without a traditional employer, he never would have been able to be where he is right now. He describes his farm and invites us all to the fishing hole. He talks about Steve Jobs (although he says it is pronounced "Jobes" I guess a biblical reference) and very interestingly he tells of his start with Saga Food Service. That is where the connection lies. Bill Scandling founded the company and was my father's roommate in college. The Scandling family is very close to our family and we have been on their boat numerous times. Sadly, Bill died just over two years ago, but I thought it was interesting that Earl worked for them before Marriott bought Saga out.

Anyhow, please enjoy this YTB RTA presentation from Earl Allen Boek--the man to whom you want to trust your travel dollars. Please note that early on, he defends the video as him "not trying to scam you". I think it is interesting, that a lot of the YTB positioning is from the defensive--Sorensen says he needs to "legitimize" the business in the eyes of the industry, and Boek needs to make sure you know he is not "scamming you."

1 comment:

  1. John, in another post you say I was not the first to attack your positions on YTG. Seems that your positions continue to change as the need does.

    IF I called your home, thinking I was calling a business, I doubt that my comments would lead you to place a call to the police. If so you should be in prison for yours.
    But I really doubt it. It is quite simple for me to delete my number from any call to anyone. I don't use the feature here or there.

    Travel Industry Insurance Below

    RobertsResorts.Net

    ReplyDelete