Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Did Rhode Island Give YTB The Boot?

NOTE: This is information that was given to me by someone I deem reputable. When I checked a few RI sites, they indeed had their booking ability suppressed. Of course there is no mention of this on the YTB end. I have a few calls into to the Attorney General's office and will post the response when it is received. So, at this point, this is not fact, but I can say that there is a preponderance of evidence supporting the assertion.



Today, I heard that the Rhode Island Attorney General has shut down all RI-based YTB agents. I hear that the AG is in discussions as to how to bring YTB into compliance with the laws of the state that they have seemingly been skirting for a while. I only know of one RTA site, and it is indeed shut down and redirects tot he YTB Business Opportunity page with no mention of being able to book travel. Emmanuel Travel.

I wonder how many YTB agents are in Rhode Island, and I wonder what the current spin is on that?

2 comments:

  1. story of franchising and its impact on our economy. Armed with personal stories and real-world examples of how policies in Washington ultimately affect franchising, attendees will be ready with one more piece of important ammo: the IFA Educational Foundation’s study on the Economic Impact of Franchised Businesses.

    --------------------
    Ricky

    Rhode Island Drug Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the article.But this issue has started a LOT of conversations in the HQs of the suppliers and I suspect that many more will decide to align themselves with RCI and terminate contracts.
    ==================================
    Synjones
    Rhode Island Alcohol Addiction Treatment

    ReplyDelete