Friday, February 6, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust

I follow several YTB blogs and just wanted to point this one out. Here is one of the more successful RTAs and Reps that has quit. He has identified what YTB is, and more importantly what it isn't. You can read his entire post here, but here are some excerpts:
  • My first year (2007) in YTB wasn't anything to brag about. Nevertheless, I was in the top 5% in the company. It doesn't take much because most members don't do anything.
  • My experience with YTB started out well. Since I was mislead and actually told lies when I signed up I had no doubts I would make a ton of money. I built a decent downline, which by now has shrunk to 18 paying members. Everyone else has dropped out. Very few in my downline ever did anything, which caused me to feel guilty because I talked them into something that did not work for them.
  • Last fall I listened to Coach Tomer telling us that YTB was unfairly targeted just as Roger Clemens was. That was the whole theme of that Saturday morning's call. That was the beginning of the end for me with YTB. If YTB falls in the same category as Roger Clemens, a cheater and dishonest person who will likely spend time in jail soon, then I don't really want to be associated with YTB.
Congratulations!



Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! And I'm amazed that none of the YTBers have jumped on to start beating him up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going to beat him up. He is entitled to his decision. But, I do find it interesting that this person (former YTBer) has decided to go into the travel industry on his own. NOw, many of you may not think YTB training for travel is enough, but there is at least some training. How do you feel about a new agent in the mix with NO access to training? Surely He will be referring to himself as an agent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows how he is going into the travel biz. If he has affiliated with a legitimate host that offers legitimate training as I know several people have done...all for it.

    If he is relying on no training or the minimal training he got from YTB, I say he is one of the bad guys!

    Josh, if you are not going to beat him up, you are one of the rarities. Just look at how much abuse some of the former YTB RTAs have received for affiliating with a legitimate host. It is unrelenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He also states: "Well, you can get paid when you or someone else books travel with Travelocity and Expedia, but YTB doesn't want you to know that. You can also get paid from Funjet Vacations, Cheap Air.com, Hotels.com, HotelClub.com, Priceline, Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, and numerous other travel vendors.

    If you want to know how, let me know and I will show you. There's even a way to earn commissions from some airlines (Southwest Airlines, Jet Blue, KLM, Air France, Virgin Atlantic Airways, etc.).

    I am now setting up my own travel business where I will not have to share my commission with YTB. The only cost is website hosting and my my case that's no additional cost because I already have a hosting plan. Hosting can be had for a little as $3-4 per month or even free if you don't mind some ads on your site."

    So how is going to collect a commission from SWA, RCCL, Carnival, and some of the others mentioned? Is he going to register his website with the states that require SOTs? Is he just going to become an affiliate of Expedia and the others? It doesn't sound that way to me. It sounded like he's going to break away and set up his own agency and he wants people to join him. That was sure my take on it anyway or am I missing something here? He can't just set up a website for $4 per month and sell RCCL, Funjet, etc., without a contract through them and having posted bonds. I don't think they pay commissions to just any bozo that decides to set up a website.

    ReplyDelete